#652 Daihatsu Midget
Building the iconic 1957 Daihatsu Midget DMK from a Micro Ace/Arii kit with some scratch modifications. No electronics in this one.
To the extent I kept track of this…
|70.885 Pastel Green
|70.846 Mahogany Brown + 70.889 Olive Brown 4:1
The kit itself is quite basic but a lot of fun for just ¥750.
I decided to discard the hard roof from the kit and refine the frame and tray. Later I’ll add “vinyl roof” like the original Daihatsu Midget DMK from 1957.
Using the classic pastel green and beige colour scheme.
Discovering for myself just how amazing a Molotow Liquid Chrome pen is
The build so far… I’m still working on a vinyl cab cover to replace the hard shell from the kit, and I’d like to put this in a diorama or at least a street scene from Tokyo in the 50s.
Adding a Custom Tarp
How it’s going - very happy with the tarp. Now back on the shelf and I’ll call this complete for the time being while I contemplate and collect ideas for a diorama.
Credits and References
- this project on scalemates
- Arii ‘57 Daihatsu Midget Owners Club Series Micro Ace No. 41007-800 1:32 - scalemates
- Daihatsu history
- Daihatsu Midget - wikipedia
- Daihatsu Midget DKA, 1959 - AUTA 5P
- 1960 Daihatsu Midget DSA for sale - bhauction
- Daihatsu Midget DKA / DSA type 3-wheel scooter truck with hood - 旧式商用車図鑑 Old-fashioned commercial vehicle picture book