#711 JSDF F-4EJ Last Phantom
Building the 2019 commemorative scheme of the JASDF F-4EJ Kai Phantom II - a beautiful little Platz 1:144 kit. No electronics in this one.
The Japanese Phantom story started in 1968 with the order of 140 F-4Es all weather air defense fighters. They were designated F-4EJ to identify the Japanese modification.
On 17 March 2021, the Mitsubishi F-4EJ Phantom II was finally retired after 50 years of service with the Japan Air Self-Defense Force (JASDF). It is being replaced by the F-35A.
In 2019, when the 302 Hikotai ceased Phantom operations, 07-8428 (white) and 77-8399 (black) were painted in special colors for the occasion.
This was one of my finds at Leonardo LG レオナルドLG in Tokyo last year. How could I resist this commemorative marking scheme? Also my first Platz kit in 1:144; the quality and detail is impresive.
I since discovered that Platz also released a kit of the Black scheme - I will have to look out for this!
|D||duck egg green||C26|
|I seat, uniform||khaki green||C54||70.924 Russian Unf. WWII|
Revealing the trick of the in-flight pose:
Credits and References
- this project on scalemates
- JASDF F-4EJ Kai Phantom II “The Last Phantom” 302 SQ 2019 Special Marking -White- Platz No. PF-27 1:144
- JASDF F-4EJ Kai Phantom II “The Last Phantom” 302 SQ 2019 Special Marking -Black- Platz No. PF-26 1:144
- JASDF Phantom Farewell - aviamagazine
- JAPAN SAYS GOODBYE TO THE PHANTOM TO INTRODUCE THE F-35 - blogbeforeflight